Ood Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ood Studios, dedicated to making quality Role Playing Games for the Sporum.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Concept (LATG related)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Awesomeness : 1

A Concept (LATG related) Empty
PostSubject: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:29 pm

A long time ago on LATG, several of the players, including me and Awierdgamer were discussing what a LATG game would be like. I want to know your guy's oppinions, so go ahead and POST!
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:19 am

It would be fun. FUN!

Argh what the fuck, I can';t say that today.
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Awesomeness : 10

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:30 am

LATG, the videogame. Hmm... For generating and developing your creatures you can use a system like that Evolutions game. From what I've heard it's pretty realistic for a video game. In fact, it is possible that the whole thing could be used for our purposes. However, I have no personal experience with it so I can not be sure.

Once you hit a sentient stage I suggest a system not unlike the Spore Tribal Stage for the RTS elements. Technology would have to be handled very differently, though, and I'd like the ability to place buildings wherever I like, not just in one place. And more types of resource will be required.

Civilisation stage will be trickier. For building your cities I would suggest something along the lines of SimCity, although more advanced to allow for different types of terrain. Battle can be played in the fashion of Age of Empires or Halo Wars or other similar RTS games.

Space is when things start getting crazy. I would suggest something along the lines of Sins of a Solar Empire, although as I have never actually seen the game myself I am uncertain exactly how well it will fit.

The Technology tree will be our hardest part. As we can go off on whatever tangents we like in the RP we'd need something unlike anything ever seen before to accommodate this. I would suggest an extremely extensive universal tech tree which covers virtually everything there is to research. It will contain general topics which can be researched on and advanced from their current level. All technologies require several things. If these prerequisites can not be met, there are often other, more expensive and difficult routes to the particular technology. They need the technologies that make the new one work, The correct resources and a suitable environment.

By saying that, I imply that the technology tree will vary depending on where you are currently inhabiting. For example, an internal combustion engine would be perfectly fine in an Earth-like planet, but on a highly flammable one such as my Xoolat you would need to greatly advance other technologies first or go to a different environment before you can safely create one. And what resources you have will depend on what you can make. If you inhabit a planet with Legion's Platnium or Platite or whatever that special metal is, you'll be able to develop high-level armour much easier. Socio-economic environment is also something to take into account. If your race is a bunch of peace-lovers, then it would be difficult, but not impossible, to successfully develop WMDs.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:09 am

Its Platinite.

It doesn't occur naturally. It is either made in factories by a special mix and process to create it, or it can be 'seeded'. By seeded, I mean you plant the seeds for its development on a planet, so the platinite occurs there.

I would recommend, if it was being made, that you use slider bars for the weapons. You research a specific technology, like plasma weaponry, then use the slider system. One bar will be damage, one bar will be rate of fire, and so on and so forth. Then, once that technology is made,you use a slider bar to determine how many you want to make.

With the ships, I imagine it would be a bit harder. You would have to use a ship creator kinda like Spore's, but obviously way more advanced, like adding hangars and the weapon positions and bridge position.You would have to add the engines, emergency thrusters, stuff liek that.Also, what kind of metal or alloy you would use.

Then, another slider bar system. This will be one of those systems that shares 100% between a few bars. If you adjust one bar to the max, like, 100%, then the other bars will have nothing. Say you wanted to make a troop transport,then you would probably have 60% troop capacity,30% Armor, and 10% weapons. Liek that.

Once that was done, if, say, you had the carrier, you could pick from a specific crew that was there. Say you had Drakons, and you had Chelitay and his merry band of pilots, that would be a top-class crew, and it would increase their AI skills. However, if you had a noob crew, then the best you could do with it is probably control it urself. And finally, choose teh troops.

Anyway, this would be an extremely fun game I think.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:49 pm

Those Ideas are all good;

I was thinking for each stage there would be a tree. For the Evolution stage this would be a trait tree, where you would unlock different traits such as greater senses or greater intelligence.

In Tribal and Civilization stage I think each race (You could play one of the LATG races as well as your own) should have a racial tech tree, for instance with the Pooh-Olo never discovering fire and the Mikilo focusing on Industries and fifth dimensional powers, whilst the Drakons have advanced Military technologies and whatnot.

In space, the same should be true, I think before you can create a ship, you need to unlock a Blueprint, then for that Blueprint (For Example: TroopTransport advanced) you are given a certain amount of parts and whatnot to build your ship with, and then you get to mess around with the sliders and whatnot.

Perhaps a Universal Encyclopedia would be a good idea, maybe in the form of the Creator's book of the multiverse. Then you would have a section of the Encyclopedia unique to your account, which would update the histories of each race you played, even updating witha rticles about your own races, which could be shared online if you were proud of them.

I also think a section where you could play Historical battles and scenarios would be good
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:02 pm

Sick.

Imagine if that was implemented...
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:58 pm

LegionOfShadows wrote:
Sick.

Imagine if that was implemented...

Yeah...

LATG would make a great game...

Do you have any ideas for the Tech trees/Buildings for the Drakons or any other races?
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 5:30 am

Well, remember what I thought, you research a specific technology(Like plasma) and then make custom weapons with that technology, so the designers won't have to make eveyr single LATG weapon ever made.

There should also be some sections a bit like 3d RPG bits, because there are some parts of the storyline where that would fit. Oraacini tunnels, the Mikilo homeworld tunnels bit, stuff liek dat.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:34 am

Aye,

Perhaps their could be certain technologies that every race would have that are one time boosts to certain weapons (such as +50% plasma weapon fire, or +50% Ballistics clip size)

An Rpg style section would be good, perhaps it could be tied in with the Historic campaign sections.

Which races do you think should be in the game (everyone could make a race, but certain LATG nations would be Pre installed) ?
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:36 am

Yea, basically all of the major LATG races that have an impact, and are made by users who actually stay. Too many young noobish rpers have come, hoping they might fit in with some of the good guys, but nay.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 1:47 am

I was thinking along the same lines, but with some nations being classed as "Minor". These "Minor" nations can be allied easily and will occasionally gift things to player races, and they can be made into "Vassals" of your nation, however they will expand to a maximum of five colonies and they would be naturally wiped out or fade away over time.

Do you think certain planet qualities or features should be in the game, like the artefacts in Sins?
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:24 pm

Well, certain planet qualities like froggy's sentient planets would be a great addition. Qualities also like alien ruins on the planet would be good, and they had a 1 out fo three chance of having any useful technology.

This'd be pretty dang good if you ask meh.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:58 pm

LegionOfShadows wrote:
Well, certain planet qualities like froggy's sentient planets would be a great addition. Qualities also like alien ruins on the planet would be good, and they had a 1 out fo three chance of having any useful technology.

This'd be pretty dang good if you ask meh.

Yeah, I was thinking of stuff like that as well, but also with smaller bonuses, like the fact that planets may have Crystal forests which could be chopped down or harvested for a boost in your race's economy, however stuff like alien ruins would be cool, or even ship scuttlinggrounds (Space graveyards) could be a good source of upgrades for fleets.

It would be an amazing game...
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Agreed.

Shame it won't be made.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Aye,

Here is another question, do any of you guys plan on getting D3?
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 3:09 pm

D3?

As in, D3?

What is D3, btw?

I've never heard of D3.

I've only heard of Halo 3.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 5:34 pm

Diablo 3
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:28 pm

OH.

Wait, what is Diablo? I've never heard of it. Is it good?

I wish someone made a game for Death's Head... those are friggin awesome books.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Death's head?

Diablo is a Dark fantasy Hack and Slash, sort of like Darkspore, but far, far better and more Dark. It's made by Blizzard and has been a Pretty epic series so far, I can't wait to try out the Demon Hunter (Ranged Agility class (Sort of like Van Helsing)) and the Witch Doctor (Necromancer/Pet class)

Here is one of my favorite Youtubers playing with a Female Monk class;

Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

Awesomeness : 13

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Has anyone ever played War of the Monsters? Now that, my friends, was one unforgettable game. It was utter awesome. I've been looking for a remake or PC version of the game but unfortunately... it looks like it's pretty much been forgotten by it's developers. And the game itself is PS2-only.

BTW I've been playing alot of TF2, DDO and Minecraft lately. I don't play minecraft online, but I do the other two. If you happen to come across me if any of you play these games, my Team Fortress 2 username is somerandomdude and my DDO character is... wait a sec I've forgotten now... urgh I've completely forgotten now. Nevermind.

Oh, also, that was the other one. I've also tried out the new Ago of Empires Online game. I have to say... it's quite good. I wasn't expecting it to be too much good but... yeah. This one's quite alright.

Which brings me to... Windows Live.. my ID is something I've also forgotten but I'll try to find it and give it to you guys. The other game I play online [though rarely] with Windows Live is Dawn of War 2. It's quite an awesome strategy game. I love it. If any of you have/play it I'd love to have a match or two against you. Unfortunately the online community for Dawn of War 2 is all but dead as far as I've seen.

Also, how epic is the soundtrack?

Back to top Go down
https://oodstudios.forumotion.com
BBeast

Awesomeness : 10

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:10 pm

OK, on topic of LATG the Videogame, I have a few ideas.

Your slider idea is good, Legion. Good for designing devices. How about research will allow for each part of the slider to go higher. And you can go as high as you like, but it makes each item more expensive to create. Such as for ranged weapons you have the qualities of Range, Rate-of-Fire, Power, Clip Size (ie. how long the weapon will last in combat), Explosiveness, Toughness (of the gun itself), Accuracy and Size. There will also be Type, which will give you some options for what the weapon actually fires. You may be able to stick some weapons together, such as a grenade launcher onto a rifle, or a knife onto a gun, but it has to match a certain size ratio. No sticking a rocket launcher and a lightning cannon together.

There will be different options for virtually all other kinds of devices. To allow you to do these kinds of things you need people who are employed as Engineers. They design new devices and upgrade current ones. Scientists will research new technologies and unlock new branches in the tech tree. There would also be all kinds of other jobs, such as Farmers to get food, Workers to perform labour tasks (will have numerous sub-categories, such as mining, lumberjacking, building, etc.), Soldiers to fight and defend, Leaders to keep all the people under control and probably a number of technology-branch-specific jobs.

In the technology tree, things which you have not yet unlocked should remain hidden, or at least mostly hidden. There would then be a system which will randomly give a hint at some future technology (media would help with this).

For creating specific things, you would unlock each individual part via research on the tech tree (or, for evolving, by performing activities often or being in a certain environment). Then you can arrange them into place.

Really, what we are doing here is not turning a roleplay into a videogame, but creating an accurate simulator for the rise of technology and civilisations in a universal format. It's a very complex task.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:42 am

Good ideas

I think random events would be good, as would a constantly evolving and changing landscape system. This could be done by having the start of the game occupied by designing five different stages of the planet. The simulator will then, over time shape the planet to reach each of these five stages over time. The last stage would occur when your race discovers terraforming and locks the continents in place.

One problem I have is thinking of some system for designing life, now obviously we can't use Spore's but we would need a far more complex system anyways.

Here are some specialities as I see them;

Mikilo- Early Psychic powers, late game industrial juggernauts
Drakons- powerful warriors, able to cover any terrain, powerful late game weapons
Sizzz-Shling- Scavengers ( random chance of discovering technology upon killing member of other race or when certain other conditions are met), powerful late game ships, marred by low population
Olupun- Early Psychic powers, not affected by terrain, powerful late game technologies.

All the specialities I can think of for the moment
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Hmm.

HEEELL F**KING YEA! I DID THE (ALMOST) IMPOSSIBLE! I...DEFEATED...HALO3...ON...LEGENDARY!

It is especially made tough by the fact that there is a significant threshold between Heroic and Normal, but an even larger one for Heroic to Legendary. Legendary demands perfection.

And I did it all solo!

On topic, those specialties are great. I have no ideas for the Frogs. How about late game, for Drakons, you unlock the ability to find the Mikilo, which sends you on one of those rpg elements that talked about. Anyway, if you succeed, you unlock them, and then it co-merges.

Cewl.

Also, we should have a public satisfaction meter. If it dips too low, you have a rebellion on your hands, and if its high, you get more recruits as soldiers and workers, because they would want to help? Be patriotic.

I think that would be a cool system.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Aye, seems good

I would suggest that their would be certain hidden features, like the spawning biases in Civ V, for example the Drakons are often placed near the Frogs in a new game and other such things.

What is your view on how life for the planets should be generated and whatnot, and how the physical geography of the planet you are on changes?

Also, well done on your achievement, I still have yet to complete Halo 3 alone on Legendary, however I have done it multiplayer with my Sister's help (more like hindrance)
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:15 pm

I know. Halo 3 on legendary...you complete it, you're legendary. Heh, hindrance. My brother is TEH GOD. Seriously, he is epic.

But he has yet to beat me on the campaign record...

Anywya, the spawn biasing would be a good addition. Haven't played Civ V, but have Civ IV and III, and they great.

Hmm. Well, for geography...I have no absolute idea. If it had some sort of random seed-like spawn thing, like Minecraft, that would be good, and you didn't actually choose a seed thing for it. Like, most of the systems/planets(apart from the actual factual ones, like Dryon and Antus, Oraacini and Penvictus) would have this sort of thing.

However, simply...make up a lot of worlds, and then have a program that trades aspects and does thigns to that? I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Concept (LATG related)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ood Studios :: Off-Topic :: The OodSphere-
Jump to: