Ood Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ood Studios, dedicated to making quality Role Playing Games for the Sporum.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minecraft Chat

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LegionOfShadows

Awesomeness : 1

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:15 am

This is off topic.

Yesterday, I got minecraft Beta! It is one of the most awesome games eva. You have to admit. You can mine way down, and even find lava and wata. It really fun.

(Just talk about how fun it is, and what you've made.

Whats your favorite mining method? Mine is quarry ming- No matter how long it takes, you will always get lots of items. Especially if you have it branching off to all sides. Whenever I find a resource other than coal and iron, I start a shaft mine there.

How I work: Regular 20x20 quarry. Dig down til bedrock. Then just branch out a ton. Also, if you happen to find any rare resources on the way down, like redstone, gold, lapis Lazuli, diamond, and even lava, I build a shaft mine from there. Lava is especially important because still lava+moving water equals obsidian.

Shaft mining: How it works: Branch off to one side. Go three or four blocks away from doorway. Then get a bit of room around you. Build a 2x2 pit. Tunnel that down three blocks, then branch off to side again. Start another one. On the way, its good to create infinite pools of water so you can create water elevators and help yourself when in lava.

Last edited by LegionOfShadows on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Awesomeness : 10

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:35 pm

Yes, Minecraft is awesome! If you want to free-build, you can either get a mod (or inventory editor) or you can find a multiplayer server that allows item summoning.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Bbeast, you're right. And I never knew you lived in Terra Australis! Awesome!

Whats your favorite type of mining?
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

Awesomeness : 13

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:00 pm

I played the free version. After building an incredible building of awesome, I realised I couldn't save it and have not played since.
Back to top Go down
https://oodstudios.forumotion.com
LegionOfShadows

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:48 pm

Lol. Lol. Why don't you just get Alpha or Beta? Alpha is free, but you need a password to enter, but Beta you just download, and pop, you can enter at any time. But you need to pay for beta.

bbeast, do you know how to use inventory editor? I just need it for a build project of mine.
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

Awesomeness : 13

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:22 pm

What password? You mean... oh... yeah that's the one I did, the Alpha, but... yeah you can't save with it. And I'm too poor to buy such a game Sad *fans self with hundred dollar notes*
Back to top Go down
https://oodstudios.forumotion.com
BBeast

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:00 pm

I prefer branch mining. I also like to go caving as well since it gives quick access to many resources.

As for inventory editors, they all vary. But generally you need to know where your appdata folders are. They are usually hidden, but can be found on a Windows computer by pressing Windows+R, and then typing in %appdata%.

Last edited by BBeast on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot something.)
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:34 pm

Don't worry, already go tit.

I've converted to branhc mining now, which means that quarry and shafting are my ex-wives (Legion, how could you! Our baby is dying because you abandoned us! What about straight down minging? He'll die if you don't come back) which means I've got two ex-wives, and one wife. But branch mining is good. To be the most efficient, build only two high, then go up three layers, and build another branch. Keep going, and in the end it works.
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:49 pm

Yep. Also, caving is a very effective way to get large quantities of valuable resources. It's a bit risky, but definitely worth it. Just run and spam torches. Don't stop until you have a lot of torches all around you (thus a safe area). And always take the upper route (so monsters don't drop onto you). Unless you're on peaceful, then you don't have to be so frantic.

It doesn't get you much stone, though. If you want that, or less danger, branch mining's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 pm

What's the Greatest thing you guys have built, at the moment me and my mates are attempting to construct the Sphinx, and a Realistic modern City, It's a Pain, but it should be done soon.

Also what Mobs would you guys like to see implemented in a future update?
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:41 pm

That's a tricky one. I've constructed a giant obsidian fortress. And a battlefield. And a functioning grand piano. Those were all using Single Player Commands, though, so really the only challenge is design and patience. I've also made an Awesome Face pixel art, a passive mob grinder (in construction) and a building I like to call the SkyCubes. Those were done legitimately on multiplayer.

I'd like to see some kind of Boss added to the game, which they probably will on the 1.8 Adventure Update.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:32 pm

I think Legion once talked to me about the Addition of a Dragon boss in Pms, personally I want Sea monsters (Im a Cthulhu/Kraken Fanatic(My Mother's Maiden name is that of a Celtic River Monster! Razz)). I would like to see the Mo' Creatures added though, as well as Walruses,Whales, Penguins and Different Cow Varients (Ie. Bison in plains, Yak in mountains etc.).

Yeah, We played Castle wars once, with Four simple Obsidian fortressess that we had to conqour and then go after our enemies forts. We then Built the Awesome Face, the Troll Face and a PedoBear being Killed by Jesus (Not my idea).

Also, what Skins do you guys use?
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:28 pm

I once used Mo' Creatures. I hated it. It added all these aggressive mobs that appear in otherwise perfectly safe areas (ie. well lit). I could hardly go outside without almost getting my face mauled off.

My obsidian fortress was really big and fancy, with lava and all the way up to the sky limit. Wasn't practical for any real life construction, as it was top-heavy.

My skin is that of a builder, which I made myself. I previously used a miner, which I had also made myself.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 1:38 pm

I like Mo' Creatures a lot, speaking of Mods, what do the other mods in the Zombe's modpack do (Other than the Flying one)?

At the moment I'm gonna try and make a large Port with Three large ships, one of which is already done, also have you ever made a Plane (Not a working one(ie. the Planes mod)), Ive made a few attempts but I always fail.

My skin used to be Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII, though now it is a self made one of myself, I'm trying to find a way to add a tophat to the Skin, however it always comes out odd when I try it.
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:43 pm

I use Single Player Commands. It works, unlike every other mod I try.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:44 pm

affraid
^ My Face when I saw this;

This Aether mod looks Epic, what do you guys think about it?
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:13 pm

Did anyone else hear about the new mob for 1.8?

It's supposed to be called the "Enderman" and boy does it look creepy
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 6:04 am

Fascinating. Sounds a bit like the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who, but not quite as indestructible or aggressive.

Welcome to Minecraft Radio Plays. Today, we've got one on the mysterious Enderman...

"Come on, we've got to get back to the safe house before dark."
"Oops, too late."
"Doesn't matter, just keep on moving. If we don't stop they can't get us. And whatever you do, don't look the Endermen in the eyes."
"Endermen?"
"Yeah, Endermen. They're generally passive, but if you make eye contact they freeze up."
"Well, that doesn't sound too bad."
"Ah, but the thing is, they aren't happy about being frozen, and as soon as you take your eyes off them they unfreeze and can cover huge distances quickly with their long legs."
"Is that one?"
"NO!! DON'T LOOK AT IT!!"
"Oops, too late."
"OK, just maintain eye contact and everything will be fine. We'll just try to edge our way up to the house."
*Hissss*
"ARG! A CREEPER!"
*Sword hitting creeper*
*Hiss-...*
"Quick, hit it again!"
"What about the Enderman?"
"What? Oh, yes."
*Enderman tackling people*
*Hissssss BOOM!*
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:28 pm

I find it creepy that the "Enderman" can manipulate blocks, what would happen if you spent so long on a tower only to find some endermen had messed around with it whilst you were not looking, I suppose it's the same with Creepers.
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:48 pm

Creepers only destroy blocks when they attack. But the Enderman appears to only manipulate single blocks. I believe that the reasoning behind it would probably because it has some sort of fascination with holding something in its hands. I don't imagine it would be able to manipulate all blocks. With any luck it can only manipulate things like sand, dirt, gravel and leaves. Not stone. Maybe wood. But really the trouble is minimal. Simply a small misplacement. It is more likely to pick up an innocent, useless block from the ground it spawns on.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 3:39 pm

Aye, that makes sense,

Apparently if you are wearing a pumpkin as a helm the Enderman will not attack you, even if you were to look straight at him/her/it.

Have any of you Guys played the Aether, and if so what Epic Dungeon loots have you got, so far I've been lucky enough to get numerous Pheonix bows, Flame swords, a huge amount of Throwing knives and some of those Blue Gummies as well as other stuff, mostly because I cannot find a silver dungeon in my world, plenty of Gold and Bronze but no Silver dungeons.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 9:09 pm

BASTARD MINECRAFT! YOU WERE ADOPTED! YOUR MOTHER WAS A WHORE!

Raaaah! I try to install TooManyItems, but ti won't work! Raaah! I do everything right! Grrr.

Oh wel.. Once I install too many items, I'll get Aether.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Also, check out this world Luke. Get the gravitite stuff, and look around. You'll find a sick fort on top of a mountain. And a pretty neat house as well.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21076232/Saves/Lets%20Play.zip
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:51 am

LegionOfShadows wrote:
Also, check out this world Luke. Get the gravitite stuff, and look around. You'll find a sick fort on top of a mountain. And a pretty neat house as well.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21076232/Saves/Lets%20Play.zip

I'll try it out in the morning, however if it is a custom map, how do I play it, I have never used custom maps yet in my entire playing of Minecraft.

Also, The Gravitite armour with the Golden Feather artifact combo is epic, it's almost as if you could fly, except without the coolness of riding a Black Moa. Also I recently built a huge fort entirely out of Blue Aercloud, It's quite epic, also I have begun farming for Aerogel as it's a far better building material than obsidian in my opinion.

Also, I have recently been forming ideas for a Mod in my head, have you guys got any ideas for mods?
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:29 am

Most mods don't work on my Minecraft. Generally anything that requires ModLoader. I use Single Player Commands because it is incredibly useful for building projects. "It's like 100 mods in one!" No new items or mobs, so nothing gets complicated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Minecraft Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Chat   Minecraft Chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Chat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ood Studios :: Off-Topic :: The OodSphere-
Jump to: