Ood Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ood Studios, dedicated to making quality Role Playing Games for the Sporum.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Concept (LATG related)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BBeast

Awesomeness : 10

A Concept (LATG related) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 6:39 am

I have a better idea for creating planets. Simulate planet creation. It will also mean you can watch your planet being born. I'll explain in more detail.

You start with a ball of mixed materials at a certain distance away from a randomised star. These materials, if there are enough of them, may become super-heated and turn into lava. This becomes the basis for tectonic plate movements which will make more interesting terrain. With any luck your planet will have things like water, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen in its composition (it will have to, or at least some suitable substitute, or else you won't have a creature). Random events such as comet and asteroid strikes still happen during planet generation, and the resulting craters, materials and impact forces will integrate into the planet design process. Once the planet cools into a more solid form atmospheric erosion, flowing liquids, tectonic movements and volcanic forces will continue to shape the planet. Eventually, at some non-specified time, life will appear on the planet. And so will you.

Although this will require a rather complicated physics simulator, it will make very realistic planets and the simulator can continue to be run during play (albeit at a slower pace) and allows you to see your planet being born. And it can also be used with terraforming by letting terraforming tools modify variables in the planet, changing the planet's generation process. You could even release this tool as a stand-alone app due to its sheer incredibleness.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Awesomeness : 1

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:28 am

Aye,

That is far better idea, my only problem being with it is that players may not want to sit around for like 3 hours watching their planet spin in space without having to do anything. Basically I think their should be some way for the player to interact with the world at this stage or to at least have something to do.

Nice idea about the App! I just got a brainwave, what about if the planet develops by itself when you have the app online on your IPhone, so you could go for a walk around your local area and have the planet generate. You would not need to sit around on your arse, bored waiting for planets to form, instead you could enjoy the real world and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:33 am

Also I was thinking that the game should come with a physical book detailing LATG/LATU lore, with images and stats for all the races and whatnot, thus could also double as a sort of guide book if needs be
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:43 pm

I would love a guide book. That would make it sweet as.

Is this all hypothetical, or is somebody planning on this?

Just fail joke.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 2:07 am

Of course this is hypothetical, I mean what is the chance that any of us have programming skills sufficient enough to create a game as advanced as what we have conjoured up here, I mean it is more likely that LATG gets published as a book than a game.

Are you guys having errors getting on the Sporum/Posting?
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Not, not really.

Well, we probably wouldn't, but I'm getting into programming, scripting and creating Halo Custom Edition maps. Who knows;I could go professional.

That would be the most awesome job ever.
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Awesomeness : 10

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:57 am

The planet generation simulator would be accelerated a bit. That is, a lot. But yeah, being able to interact with the planet while it is generating would be cool.

The book of original LATG Lore should probably be sold separately. Have the instructional guide come with it, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Concept (LATG related)   A Concept (LATG related) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Concept (LATG related)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ood Studios :: Off-Topic :: The OodSphere-
Jump to: