Ood Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ood Studios, dedicated to making quality Role Playing Games for the Sporum.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

Awesomeness : 13

Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Empty
PostSubject: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 5:24 am

• Okay, here goes, my attempt at remaking SSP and keeping it alive. I'm probly gonna remake most of the original LATG material into far more... well, far less of a ruleless freeforall regarding technology. It will also centre around the former Human Empire, discovery of a rip in reality upon which the station was built, which currently powers the station. Okay... Im gonna need to make a list...

-Interreality rip through space/time [maybe just space to keep time travel complexities out of it?] upon which the station was founded.

-Station was still founded and created by the Drakons, now the Drakon Empire.

-Station hasn't as of yet built any reality gates, so only aliens from THIS galaxy are allowed

-Station is not yet full complete, it's sort of in a beta version... if you know what I mean...

-Aliens are; Drakons, Grippli [Frogs], Vasari [A new take on the Druids - still hostile], Phooka [Lukeking's dudes from SSP], Castera'an [New name for the Creature Dude 7's - sorry Bbeast]

Changes to Races:

Drakons

Heirs of humanity. Said to be evolved from the reptiles of Earth. Once allies of humanity. Now humanity dosen't exist and the Drakon's origins are said to be no more then stories. Humanity itself is all but forgotten. After the destruction of their homeworld, the Drakons are considerably weaker then they once were, however they are regaining strength fast.
    Former Homeworld: Antius
    New Homeworld: Oraacini

Grippli

Another interstellar species said to have evolved from the old life forms of Earth. The Grippli are a religious and wise species, and more advanced in bio-tech then most other creatures. Developing psychic 'symbiotes' that gives the Frogs psychic powers. Alliance with Drakons is growing thin after the scouring of their homeworld by the mysterious and deadly Hkieth, as named by the Grippli, who first encountered them. Language is Hive. The Grippli do not enjoy war, however will go to any lengths to defend their homes.
    Homeworld: Dryon

Vasari

Deadly alien raiders from the edge of known space. These super advanced beings appear from nowhere, destroy everything they see, then disappear. Once, a generation ago, the Drakons sent a fleet to venture into their space, and search for a colony of theirs to strike back at, but the fleet was never heard from again, and soon after the Nkieth sent a massive fleet to the Drakon homeworld and destroyed everything in the solar system. Ever since the raids have been less frequent, but much more powerful.

Phooka

Behind the outward appearance of a fine culture of arts and chivalry, the Phooka train some of the most powerful and deadly assassins and spies in the known galaxy. Though they are truly a dying race, the few of their kind left are feared throughout the galaxy. With their birthrates rapidly decreasing, the Phooka have recently turned to cloning techniques to try to ensure the survival of their species.

Castera'an

For arguably the most powerful known empire, the Castera'an are quite a peaceful and diplomatic people. They, physically, are a race of hairless, four-armed, four legged creatures. They have a system of body language some races may find wierd, they use their lower two arms to gesture during diplomatic negotiations, and generally when on friendly terms, while using their upper two arms to show aggressiveness and hostility.

Please by all means feel free to make changes. And give new ideas. Or suggestions. Or anything. Also I haven't as of yet come up with the plot so I'll need help with that. Perhaps this could be the first full collaborated Ood Studios RP?

Last edited by Frog_Empire on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://oodstudios.forumotion.com
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 5:59 am

Draft

Striding along the gleeming corridors of the famed Space Station Poladon, Methrey, Stationmaster, making his way towards the bridge. Stepping through the bulk-doors and into the bridge, Methrey's senses were assaulted by loud mechanical beeping, bright red flashes and all assortments of warning instruments. "What is this?" Methrey asked his Second in Command, "They are here. They've finally found us. It is time to make a final stand."

Methrey made his way through the paniking alien staff to the station-wide speaker. All across the station, every alien, every being aboard the station, all heard Methrey's announcement. "Space Station Poladon. We are at war. We advise you get in your craft and leave immediately, except for all military personnel." He stepped away from the speaker, and ordered all Drakon personnel aboard the ship to arm themselves and preapre for battle.

A dark-cloaked, hooded figure rushed into the command bridge and stood infront of Methrey. He took off his hood to reveal his green, amphibious face. He was a Frog, long time allies of the Drakons. "Methrey. No doubt you know what we now face. I'd call my own kind to aid... but... they seem to have blocked communictions... even psychic communication. You are plainly not planning to leave this system again. I shall stand and fight beside you."

The Drakon fleets prepared for battle as the planetary shields slowly turned on, covering the planet in a protective field of energy. The Space Station's shields were revved up to full power, and then came the long silence before battle. The Vasari Fleet came into view. Aboard the Station, any aliens that hadn't yet fled were now paniking more then ever before, but amidst the chaos, the Drakon Soldiers stood, tall and pround, prepared to all die at a moment's notice to save their new homeworld. The infantry counted their ammunition, while at the bridge Methrey tried in vain to find some kind of a weakness in the enemy formation, a soft spot to focus fire on.

The two fleets collided, breaking formation, giving way to chaos. Lasers, beams, plasma bursts, all flew across the battlefield, ships of both sides soon began to give way and exploded. Then, a second Vasari fleet appeared. A huge Vasari ship flew up to the Space Station, and boarded. The Drakons aboard the Station desperately fought to keep the invaders out, but were overcome as more and more enemy troops rushed forwards.

This's not yet complete but you get the jist of it. I'll complete it later once I've woken up.

Last edited by Frog_Empire on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

Awesomeness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Thats means it'll probably be in a parralel reality or something.

Froggy, if its gonna be in a parralel reality, which it should be, keep my the drakons the same way they are.
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:42 pm

It won't fit in with my master scheme. It is a parallel reality.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:24 pm

No, I mean, all our races live in a parralel reality from the LATG one. Because the creatures and thier names and stuff is different.

How won't it fit in your master scheme if its in a parallel reality? Your basically saying its in a parralel reality right now.
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Your Drakons being the same wont fit in with my scheme. Them being in a parellel reality is the essence of the scheme.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:30 pm

THATS WHAT I WAS F***ING SAYING! tHEY WILL STAY F***ING DIFFERENT! YOU F***ING IDIOT!(No offence, I was raging)
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:33 pm

But they won't stay "f***in different", I'm changing them lol!
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:34 pm

elephant
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:35 pm

say whaa?
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:36 pm

elephant elephant
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Means I'm gonna kill you
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:40 pm

afro

means I'm gonna deflect the stampede with the afrodude and the elephants will be sent flying back towards you
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:46 pm

Wait... those are elephants? I thought they were nhammers!
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:48 pm

lol! lol! flower albino lol! bounce Exclamation
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:51 pm

right, stop interrupting my work, foul being
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:53 pm

OKAY
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:54 pm

TRY READIN THIS AND YOU'LL GO BLIND!!! mUAGHAHHAHAHAAAA

Maybe not... Ill just make it huge
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Awesomeness : 10

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:00 am

The Creature Dudes have 4 legs, not two. They also have a tail. Even though you're changing the history and stuff, I'd like it if you kept the physiology the same.
If you got them mixed up, I don't blame you. Keeping track of all the body parts can be confusing at times. I like how you remembered the bit about their body language, though. The reasoning behind it is that one pair of arms have claw hands, while the other have soft and dexterous hands (the specific part looks like a frog hand, but that is not important).
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:34 am

Ideas, anyone? Wait a second... I've gotta see if... wait... what... forgot scratch
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Awesomeness : 10

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:19 am

This should only be made once the current one dies, otherwise it will be clashing a bit.

*Checks current one* Oh, wait, Legion just killed it. Nevermind.

Yeah, we need a structured plot. And some character sheets. Since by the looks of things this is going to be a proper RP this time. We should have a separate character sheet for each available species. Maybe. Or perhaps species-specific fields. Then again, when I put my ideas down I think it can all be compacted into one sheet.

General Sheet

Name: (Pretty straightforward)
Species: (Drakon, Grippli, Vasari, Phooka or Castera'an)
Age: (This will be dictated by species. For example, Castera'an have a lifespan of 200 Standard Years)
Appearance: (Only include variations from standard species appearance)
Personality: (This will be influenced by species, but remember that everybody is an individual)
Biography: (Include all major information about past and present life. Where one lives and who was in his/her life is a notable factor, that is also usually dependant on species)
Occupation: (Pretty straightforward as well. What major job does your character have? Mercenary? Diplomat? Trader? Etc.)
Abilities: (For natural abilities, state to what extent you can perform them. For non-natural abilities, list them and give information. Include both physical and psychic abilities)
Tools: (The weapons, armour and tools your character generally take around with them)
Ships: (Whatever spaceships your character owns. Some may own one. Some may own whole fleets)

I'll throw in a better description of my species later. We should all do that.
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Okay thanks

I'll start writing a detailed description for the Grippli.

Also try to include at least a basic list of the technology your species has.

Work in progress:

Grippli

The Empire of Third Star, better known by aliens as the Grippli Empire, is relatively small, but none-the-less quite powerful Empire of the alien race who call themselves the Grippli. Physically, they are humanoid amphibians, mentally, they are a race of almighty psychics, driven through their zealous religion and unrelenting nature to serve Dryon.

Their homeworld, the sentient planet Dryon, is the most powerful being in known space. It single-handedly rose the Grippli race from lowly bacterial lifeforms, and it is served as the centerpiece of Grippli religion. The lifeforms inhabiting the planet are just as diverse as those on Earth, and the landforms too are similar.

The Grippli have developed a strong and complex religion through the years. Centered around repaying Dryon for rising them to sentience, following the 'Greater Judgement' of Dryon and seeking the 'Great Wisdom' [A concept not very different from Enlightenment], the religion also encourages peacekeeping and diplomacy over war and violence, however some Grippli overlook this.

Due to their religion, there was always bound to be a group with different ideas to the main Grippli beliefs. This group rose to become quite strong in Grippli history, and withstood the assaults against them. One day, they were overcome, however, and they were forced to leave Dryon and find a new planet to settle. The Grippli have been searching for them ever since, but have only come across few small cities on remote planets, or small fleets. These Grippli had changed tremendously since leaving Dryon. They seemed to have become bloodthirsty creatures, their ships, technology and architecture seeming to be trying to evoke the worst nightmares of the beholder. It cannot be said whether these are merely splinter colonies that got lost from the main fleet, but never-the-less it will take a lot for them to be granted respite by the Grippli. The Grippli, and all other species, call them the Uld.

Coming Soon:

-Culture
-Technology
-Inter-Species Relations
-Other...?
-Oh, yes, why they call themselves the EMpire of the Third Star
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Detailed description for DRakons

Drakons

A sentient species of warm-blooded reptiles, they are said to be the heirs of humanity. Evolved from Earth's lowly Komodo Dragons, they soon develepod wings, and walked upright. Once Humanity found out that they were becoming sentient, the Empire nurtured them, and gave them much technology. Finally, when the Drakons evolved and traveled to the stars of their own accord, they struck up a relationship with Humanity. The two species became strong allies, both having evolved from the same world. Of course, once the Human Empire was obliterated, the Drakons gathered up the remnants of Humanity's technology, and became a power in their own.

However, they met the Vasari. These dreaded beings waged a racial war against the Drakons, never being merciful, never giving quarter. The Drakons then evolved from a peace-loving empire to a faction which was witness to war every day, their warriors becoming deadly, their killing an art. Drakon cadets would undergo fifty years at a prestigious battle school, and emerge well oiled machines of death. They had psychics, true, but they were rare, 1 in 1000 being a psychic. However, they had great psychic academies. Most psychics emerged not masters, but somewhere between experts and mediocres. However, there were enough great psychics to have a chance in battles against the Vasari. Then, the unthinkable happened. In a massive blitzkrieg, the Vasari totally destroyed the Drakons' homeworld of Antus, scattering the rocks and dust of it millions of miles away. They then, with the last billion of their populace, colonised a system named Archetflaka, with a Green Dwarf star. They were decimated, but the secrets of their platinite, a miraculously hard metal, and their amazing skills at making starships would help them become a force again.

Coming soon:
:Planets
:Foreign Affairs
:Plans for universal domination
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:38 pm

Drakon theme music
Spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2PKEQ2lwcA&feature=player_embedded#at=30
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:53 pm

Righto. Trying to write an introduction.

The sizzle of the magnetic blast doors unclamping came into his senses. He closed his eyes, and muttered something under his breath. Finally, without waiting, he dived through the barely open doors and rolled. He came up, a faint sheen on his skin a reminder as to his growing age. Approaching three thousand years old, he was quite old, and any sort of physical exertion left him slightly puffed. Especially after a five hour session with Hunter. That rascal. A mercenary, a scoundrel, a thief, he was also Methrey's friend. He also was the deadliest Drakon alive, with that damned trick of his, using the katana sheath as a projectile. Jogging to the bridge, protesting muscles reminded him we was getting out of shape. Finally, after going through a dozen bulkheads and reinforced sections of the corridor, he arrived in the bridge. It was quiet, testimony to how hard these crewmembers worked. Each was hunched over a terminal, trying to right this or that, or regulate the air conditioning and oxygen supply. His Second-in-Command, a rascal named Valarey, came up to him. "Sir, they're here. We tried. Our cloaking didn't work, and they weren't fooled by our radio silence. The Vasari are coming." Methrey nodded. He stroked the sheath of one of his energy daggers, then said "Sound the alert. But keep it quiet. Only put it through the physical lines. No wireless. Tell everyone to get ready, and take up positions at the agreed upon sections. Don't tell the civilians. They'll only panic. Get them packed up, though. Tell them the habitats are at risk of contamination by some unknown disease, and they must be cleaned. They can take a vacation on the planet." Methrey looked at the screens. Somewhere out there... He saw a flash. Then two. Then five. Then a dozen. Then so many he could barely comprehend, until he saw... A thousand ships. A thousand Vasari ships. He shook his head in sorrow. They just couldn't leave them alone then. Then, in a shout, he said "The first person to evacuate this station will be courtmartialled! Vasari ships are sighted at the edge of the system! Buckle up, and sit tight!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]   Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Space Station Poladon - The Third Age [Needs a better name... much better muaghahahaa]
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ood Studios :: Role Play :: Team Projects-
Jump to: