Ood Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ood Studios, dedicated to making quality Role Playing Games for the Sporum.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Terraria Chat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Awesomeness : 1

Terraria Chat Empty
PostSubject: Terraria Chat   Terraria Chat Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Recently I have bought the game "Terraria" from the Steamstore, It is similar to minecraft except for mor RPG elements and less Building elements, Thsi topic is for Terraria related Chat and whatnot

Do any of you guys play Terraria?
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Awesomeness : 10

Terraria Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria Chat   Terraria Chat Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:46 pm

What a coinkidink. I do in fact play it.

Not as good for building, I agree, but there is definitely a bit more purpose there (get the best stuff, beat all the bosses, and so-on). The two games cover different tastes, but often one who plays one enjoys the other too.

In fact, perhaps if they made a hybrid of Terraria and Minecraft? Would that work?
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Terraria Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria Chat   Terraria Chat Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:54 pm

I believe Notch said he would be adding Terraria style features such as boss battles to minecraft one day, I think it was on Pcgamer.

What pic do I need to mine the Blocks in the corruption, I'm such a newbie at Terraria.
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

Awesomeness : 13

Terraria Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria Chat   Terraria Chat Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:22 pm

I don't play it but it sounds interesting...
Back to top Go down
https://oodstudios.forumotion.com
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Terraria Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria Chat   Terraria Chat Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 am

Frog_Empire wrote:
I don't play it but it sounds interesting...

You should get it

Also, In Terraria related news, The new Update (1.06) is live on steam now, Featuring loads of new features, sadly you now need golden keys to open golden chests, and shadow keys to open shadow chests (New feature, awesome chests found in the underworld) but it should be fine.

I have a silver broadsword, silver helm and iron armour, I have fully explored a cave system near my village and have found both the Corruption and the Jungle, but what should I do now, which should I go for first?
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Terraria Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria Chat   Terraria Chat Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 3:10 pm

To mine Ebonstone (corruption stone) you need a nightmare pickaxe or better. However, you can also use purification powder or dynamite.

For what to do next, dig downwards and branch out from that downwards shaft. It reveals many more minerals and caves.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Terraria Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria Chat   Terraria Chat Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Okay, I've started work on a deep shaft system running from my house, I made some headway in exploring the jungle and managed to find a few chests and a demon altar before I was killed by Stingers and Man eaters, I also got some Gems, so I may go about making the Jungle helmet (I'm maxed on Jungle spores) and a suspicious looking eye, also on the subject of eyes, other than with the suspicious looking eye how do I spawn and fight the Eye of Cthulhu, and where can I find a Heart container?
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Terraria Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria Chat   Terraria Chat Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:20 pm

The Eye of Cthuluhu may also be spawned by random chance when breaking shadow orbs. Hearts can be found randomly in caves. The deeper you are the more common they are. I suggest using the suspicious looking eye to spawn that boss. You will need good weapons and supplies to last you about 10 minutes (or is it 8?) and start at the very beginning of the night. It is a very quick way to get demonite ore.

I suggest you scour the wiki at: http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Terraria_Wiki
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Terraria Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria Chat   Terraria Chat Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks,

I now Have a Golden helm, Silver chestplate and Silver greaves, as well as two regeneration bands, a watch and an Aglet, I also now have Gold tools (All of 'em) and plenty of gold to spare, however for some reason I cannot craft the depthometer, even though I have the right resources.

Also, Where is a good place to search for jungle Shrines, and should I go and find a Sky island, as I cannot get Shadowscale until I kill the EoW
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Terraria Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria Chat   Terraria Chat Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:29 pm

A good place to search for Jungle Shrines is the Underground Jungle. If you've found a surface jungle the underground one is just below it.

Sky islands have loot. Find if possible.

For your armour, until you get a full set of gold, the set bonus actually makes it more beneficial to wear full silver instead of a mix of silver and gold.

Check the Wiki for how to craft a depth meter. It says you have to craft it at a chair (obscure, but it's how it works). If you are having difficulties with singular aspects of the game, check the wiki for advice. It is simpler.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Terraria Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria Chat   Terraria Chat Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 5:16 pm

I have Great news,

In my recent adventure in the Corruption and sky islands I have found loads of great loot, Including two Starfuries, a Hermes Boot, a Cloud in a bottle and some Other stuff, I also now have Light's Edge, but what Should I do now, I cant do much Untill I get Shadowscales, so Should I challenge EoW?
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Terraria Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria Chat   Terraria Chat Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Night's Edge or Light's Bane? There's a difference.

Have you got a Magic Mirror. If so, you may want to go down those Corruption chasms and break some shadow orbs. If you don't have a magic mirror escaping may be trickier. At least have a grappling hook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Terraria Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria Chat   Terraria Chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terraria Chat
Page 1 of 1