Ood Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ood Studios, dedicated to making quality Role Playing Games for the Sporum.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

Awesomeness : 1

Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Empty
PostSubject: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Hey, It's me again with another Game related Chat thread, this time for Strategy games, Like Civilization V, Sins of a Solar Empire, Shogun 2:Total War, Empire/Napoleon Total War and anything else Related to Strategy games.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Halo Wars.

Totally shit.

Rome Total War: Classic, but fun

Medieval Total War: Few years old, but good graphics, takes strategy.

Hearts of Iron: Not my favorite, but it is a great strategy game.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 4:45 pm

Halo Wars;
Could have been better...I wanna play Flood!

Rome Total War;
All hail Ceaser, The classic

Medieval Total War;
Hated it, Didn't play the sequel

Civilization V;
Can't be beaten, The best

What is Hearts of Iron?
Back to top Go down
BBeast

Awesomeness : 10

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:31 pm

What about Age of Empires?

Spore Civilisation Stage could also be considered a RTS (Real-Time Strategy).
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:42 pm

The best age of Empires was number 2. Friggin owned. OWNED.

Hearts of Iron is a world war Two based real time strategy game, that goes over the whole world. Not your average RTS. It operates during hours, and you get to picka nation. Research stuff, requisition troops, and own.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Btw, Medieval Total War sucked, srry, I mean Medieval Total War 2. Now, that was friggin awesome. You should try it.

(Indian guy holds Game, and has a game store behind him. )Medieval Total War 2. Do try it.

Did any1 get my Dilmah reference?
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 2:53 pm

LegionOfShadows wrote:

Hearts of Iron is a world war Two based real time strategy game, that goes over the whole world. Not your average RTS. It operates during hours, and you get to picka nation. Research stuff, requisition troops, and own.

Try Imperial Glory, It's a strategy game similar to hearts of Iron but far better and cheaper, and set in the years leading up to WW1. It's very similar to Empire Total war bur cheaper, hence why I don't own a copy of Empire Total war.

I just downloaded all the DLC for Civ V, and each pack is so awesome, Korea is such an epic new Civilization, Polynesia are great for early expansion and Inca is pretty nice as well.
Back to top Go down
BBeast

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:11 pm

LegionOfShadows wrote:
I was referring to the Age of Empires series in general, including similar series like Age of Mythology.
I still agree with you there, anyway. I've only got number 1. It was pretty poor. So poor that I had got it from a cereal box. Seriously. That's the only reason that we have it.

For a very well done and unique online RTS, I've found this: The Space Game
Try it out.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:26 pm

I played Age of Mythology, and it's expansion; The Titans, It was a pretty good game, and I got both for under £10, so it helped that they were cheap

Anyone who liked Spore's Civ stage ( If you did, Go play a better game) or Sins of a Solar Empire should try out Galactic Civilizations II, It's far more user friendly and in depth, allowing you to create your own empire, design their ships, even create your own tech tree to help conqour the Galaxy
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Try Arma 2. Tis a great game. Blend of Creator, Shooter, Tactical, and Strategy. All Real-Time.

Look it up.
Back to top Go down
BBeast

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:29 am

I may have to buy a good strategy game some time or another, then.
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

Awesomeness : 13

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:23 am

Medieval 2 Total War is the best I've played so far of the series, but I haven't played Rome. It seems good I want to get it. And isn't Galactic Civ turn based? I think I'd prefer Sins if only because it's rts. And where were you when I asked if anyone played Sins?

I agree that AoE2 was the best. I still play it. AoM was good, but it gets repetitive with only three [four with the expansion] civilisations.

I've tried the space game before but it didn't seem to load properly. So I gave up on it.

I have Napoleon Total War, and the Empire Total War demo. The only reason I really play them anymore is either when I'm bored of swords and shields or want to play a sea battle. I didn't really like the land battles though... with the guns and such. I prefer the more melee oriented ones like Medieval.

I also play Dawn of War 2, if anyone plays that. Online, it's almost utterly deserted, but it's still a great game... good challenge, fun, good graphics. I really like it, alot better then the original. I'd say the gameplay is very... unique but apparently alot of it is based off Call of Honor. It's still good though.

Also, anyone played Pharaoh/Cleopatra? They're quite old with 2D graphics but they're brilliant classics. Apparently they're like sim city in egypt butI haven't played sim city before so I can't say. Even though it's old now it's still awesome.

Also Heroes of Might and Magic Four, the best of the series, the only real turn based game I play. It was awesome but they screwed up five. Such a shame.

BTW, I like Spore civ stage. I enjoy playing it. I don't see why everyone else hates it.
Back to top Go down
https://oodstudios.forumotion.com
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:53 am

Look up Arma II. It is friggin awesome. Seriously. It is a:

Shooter
Real-Time Tactical
Real-Time Strategy
Editor
Vehicle Combat Game
Flight Simulator

All rolled into one, neat little bundle of happiness and occassional lag. Look it up. Or, I shall show you!

http://www.arma2.com/game-features/arma-2-features_en.html

Best thing is, I think, the Mission Editor. Here, you can create almost any combat situation, from a Spetznatz assault, to a lone reconnaisance mission, to a hot air invasion. It even has sea combat.

And the weapons, well, magnificent. Machine Guns, Artillery Cannons, Snipers, and Launchers.

Do try it.

The only bad thing is, myou need a REALLY good computer to play it. It lags all the time, sadly, for me. Although, its sill cool.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Piston was very good, I picked it up for about 20p at a garage sale, and it's very good.

GalCivII is TBS but it is worth giving a try, since it and all It's expansions are only about £10 and can run on virtually any computer.

Supreme Commander 2 seems pretty good, though It won't run on my laptop, It's an RTS where you play as one of three factions ( basic humans, cybernetic powers and a psychic one)

I don't think I'll be able to run Arma on my Laptop, not with Civ V and Darkspore(which I should delete) at the same time.

Bbeast, get Civ V, it is absolutely amazing if you like TBS , if not try Arma, if you can't run that, get a chess set, the earliest strategy game ever.
Back to top Go down
BBeast

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:40 pm

I've heard of Civ 5. I've heard it's on Steam too. I should get it some time.

Spore Civilisation Stage isn't too bad. But it is rather short and simple. The spice derricks are pretty much useless once you are well developed. And I always wonder why nobody else can use superpowers. It would so shake up the gameplay. It could do with improvements.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Ooh, just saw dis trailer. Looks sooo realistic.

One of the comments: Cod is for Kids, BF is for Teens.

Arma is for Real Men.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)   Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Civilized Chat (Misleading title; Talk about Strategy games)
Page 1 of 1