Ood Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ood Studios, dedicated to making quality Role Playing Games for the Sporum.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
BBeast

Awesomeness : 10

Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Empty
PostSubject: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:36 am

I want to make a roleplay that is similar to those other dungeon-questing RPs. So far I think that the first characters should be in the latest dungeon exploration team when the entrance collapses behind them, meaning they can't get out if they wanted to. Later characters will be from dungeon parties who have been lost in the dungeons for much longer. However, I am yet to come up with how it will work or why they're in the dungeon in the first place.

Last edited by BBeast on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Title change)
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

Awesomeness : 13

Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:38 am

Maybe they could be miners? Or hunting a Dragon [dunno what genre you're going for so...]? Or maybe just explorers?
Back to top Go down
https://oodstudios.forumotion.com
BBeast

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:53 am

I was hoping for a fantasy genre. I suppose going in for riches could work well for the motives of the explorers themselves, but I need something much deeper and bigger than that to encounter later in the plot.
I seriously need a plot. My last two RPs had no plot and died, so I need one for this other than 'go into the dungeon, kill stuff and grab the treasure'.
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:56 am

1 sec...

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=storygen

Most of the stuff is pretty random but it can occasionally help...
Back to top Go down
BBeast

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:26 am

I think that, since I can't find a good name for it, there should be an artefact of unparalleled power somewhere in the depths of the dungeon known only as The Cube.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

Awesomeness : 1

PostSubject: Reply   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 3:46 pm

You mean like the Cube from Doom 3? That was awesome.

My Character would be a magician named Gweynor, who is an Eldar, a type of Elf who is kinda like an Elder elf. Hard to explain.

The Eldar were a race of Elves who had discovered how to make their own pocket dimensions. When the world suffered a great cataclysm, they created a pocket dimension to protect themselves, and hopped inside. The world was saved by the remaining Eldar on it, at the cost of their lives. Now, he is one of the first Eldr to go into the old world, and has found a friend, called Huragortha. But still about Gweynor. The Eldar's grasp of magic is impressive, and few human magicians can defeat them in a magic battle. But Gweynor is special. He is the single most powerful Eldar in existence, which probably means he is the most deadly mortal ever. But something else is hidden in the dungeon.

To Huragortha! He is a free-lance ranger who has a longbow, quite a few knives and throwing knives, and also an enchanted katana that causes unspeakable pain to demons. He is a deadly swordsman, and is a friend to Gwynor.

Perhaps we could do the history of the world on the sporum?
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 3:50 pm

Hey I have some awesome random NPC personalities I got from whatsitcalled... wait a sec ill just find them...

The righteous Rogue.
The graceful, organized, moral Sorceror who suffers from a chronic medical condition.
The striking Ranger trapped by the past.
The weak, apathetic, corrupt Monk who is a complete fraud.
The charismatic Barbarian with demonic blood.

The charismatic astrologer with unusual luck.
The manipulative noble.
The nimble, fearsome, ethical elementalist who tends to annoy demonic beings.
The creative scribe who has annoyed the gods.
The enduring, tired, kind herbologist.
The poised, aggravated, vicious shaman
The disloyal king who secretly worships forbidden gods.
The smart, bloodthirsty, world-weary male half-Wyvern heretic. He appears human - yet his shadow is always that of his non-human parent's species.

They are all mostly very interesting characters that would work extremely well for any fantasy adventure thingymabob. Also saves having to make up characters.
Back to top Go down
BBeast

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Those would make good suggestions for characters. For character building, I plan to let players run wild in the realms of fantasy, as long as it fits two criteria. 1) No godmodding. 2) It is highly recommended that it is small enough to fit through a regularly sized door. Failure to do so will result in inconvenience during travel.

Anything else to do with plot or rules?
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:45 pm

DnD...?
Back to top Go down
BBeast

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:19 am

That's pretty much half of my inspiration. The only problem is that I've never played it before. My other inspiration is the Dungeoneering Skill from the MMORPG Runescape. Oh, and throw in a bit of The Lord of the Rings as well for the roleplaying component.

I not only need some rules, but I also need a name for the RP.
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:40 pm

Why not make this similar to darkspore,not having just humans exploring those dungeons,and having carecters each have a reason for becoming questers in the caves and catacombs (Catacombs would be a nice name for the RP?) such as;
--The War hero who lost everything and os ventured into caves to lose his life (Lumin)
--The Warrior with no hope of greatness,tired of being overlooked(Arborus)
--A Criminal looking for redemption(Zrin)

Oh,oh,oh or how about we are all outcasts or criminals of some description sent into these mines to claim freedom,or die trying?
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:41 pm

I shall now attempt to come up with reasons for each of my characters. Feel free to help.

The righteous Rogue. -- Riches...?
The graceful, organized, moral Sorceror who suffers from a chronic medical condition. -- Has heard of a certain magical [crystal?] that grows only in these dungeons that could well cure his condition.
The striking Ranger trapped by the past. -- Has heard of a possible uprising of the dangerous Wyverns threatening a nearby town he is inexplicebly drawn to. He must find the truth of this and protect the town.
The weak, apathetic, corrupt Monk who is a complete fraud. -- Has heard of the great riches of the catacombs and also of this group who also wish to enter the said catacombs. Perhaps he could journey in under their protection and when they come out, he fools them out of their riches?
The charismatic Barbarian with demonic blood. -- Is drawn to the catacombs by a powerful demonic 'summoning' originating in the depths of the catacombs. He must get to the place of summoning or be pulled there by the higher beings[which is incredibly painful]...?

The charismatic astrologer with unusual luck. -- Has heard tales of a 'Star Stone' said to be in the catacombs. If it is true, this would be one of the last surviving stones of it's kind.
The manipulative noble. -- ...?
The nimble, fearsome, ethical elementalist who tends to annoy demonic beings. -- Has heard stories of the demonic 'Summoning Stone' in the deeps of the catacombs. He won't have a good relasionship with the barbarian...
The creative scribe who has annoyed the gods. -- The Gods, in an attempt to rid themselves of this pestering mortal have transported him to the catacombs, luckily for him in the middle of this group, which he has no choice but to join.
The enduring, tired, kind herbologist. -- Looking for new species of subterranean plants?
The poised, aggravated, vicious shaman -- For cultural purposes...?
The disloyal king who secretly worships forbidden gods. --...? Maybe not? Maybe looking for' The Stone' that will bring about the reign of his gods?
The smart, bloodthirsty, world-weary male half-Wyvern heretic. He appears human - yet his shadow is always that of his non-human parent's species. -- Travels top the catacombs where the rest of his kind meet in the deeps to plan their uprising...?

Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Frog_Empire wrote:
I shall now attempt to come up with reasons for each of my characters. Feel free to help.

The righteous Rogue. -- Riches...?
The graceful, organized, moral Sorceror who suffers from a chronic medical condition. -- Has heard of a certain magical [crystal?] that grows only in these dungeons that could well cure his condition.
The striking Ranger trapped by the past. -- Has heard of a possible uprising of the dangerous Wyverns threatening a nearby town he is inexplicebly drawn to. He must find the truth of this and protect the town.
The weak, apathetic, corrupt Monk who is a complete fraud. -- Has heard of the great riches of the catacombs and also of this group who also wish to enter the said catacombs. Perhaps he could journey in under their protection and when they come out, he fools them out of their riches?
The charismatic Barbarian with demonic blood. -- Is drawn to the catacombs by a powerful demonic 'summoning' originating in the depths of the catacombs. He must get to the place of summoning or be pulled there by the higher beings[which is incredibly painful]...?

The charismatic astrologer with unusual luck. -- Has heard tales of a 'Star Stone' said to be in the catacombs. If it is true, this would be one of the last surviving stones of it's kind.
The manipulative noble. -- ...?
The nimble, fearsome, ethical elementalist who tends to annoy demonic beings. -- Has heard stories of the demonic 'Summoning Stone' in the deeps of the catacombs. He won't have a good relasionship with the barbarian...
The creative scribe who has annoyed the gods. -- The Gods, in an attempt to rid themselves of this pestering mortal have transported him to the catacombs, luckily for him in the middle of this group, which he has no choice but to join.
The enduring, tired, kind herbologist. -- Looking for new species of subterranean plants?
The poised, aggravated, vicious shaman -- For cultural purposes...?
The disloyal king who secretly worships forbidden gods. --...? Maybe not? Maybe looking for' The Stone' that will bring about the reign of his gods?
The smart, bloodthirsty, world-weary male half-Wyvern heretic. He appears human - yet his shadow is always that of his non-human parent's species. -- Travels top the catacombs where the rest of his kind meet in the deeps to plan their uprising...?

Nice,Perhaps the manipulative nobleman is journeying into the Catacombs to raise an army of Monsters and beings that dwell in the caves,to conquer the ruling kingdoms and forge an empire in his own image.

I also think we should be able to play as some of the more helpful catacomb inhabitants,for example dwarves and helpful goblins,the occasional Troll or even an exiled demon who could serve as a guide?
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Dark/Grey Elves? [My favourites] Illithid? Maybe...
Back to top Go down
TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Elves are a nice idea,but I think we should be more original,If they are dark elves that is fine,bt perhaps they should behave entirely different to other dark elves in other media,perhaps making them great muscians or artisans?

That is why when I suggested Goblins and Trolls I had something different in mind to what most of you probably had,also for an interesting race,how about the Pooka of Celtic mythology,sometimes called the Bucca or the Bwca?
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:31 pm

What about the Tuath De Dannan of Celtic mythology - otherwise known as the Tolkien Elves
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:09 am

well, I'm still sticking with Gwynor and Huragortha.

Also... Huagortha was meant to be troubled by his past as well!

Short story:

Huragortha was born to a farming peasant outside of Talin, the capital of the empire of Aragha. When he grew up, he was renowned for his hunting and archery skills. He travelled to Talin, and was beset by muggers, wanting his meager purse. When he killed them. he was approached by a figure in a dark robe, offering a position of LifeTaker in the Assassins. Huragortha accepted, and was baptised in blood by his 24th birthday. He found an Elf called Luthin, who was a friend to him, and reconciled him. Huragortha is still haunted by the blood.

(Got an idea for a roleplay named Baptism of Blood.)
Back to top Go down
BBeast

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:24 pm

I'd like to allow people to choose as they please, as long as they can fit through the catacomb doors. But I think I'll add a motivation section to the character sheet.

As for being the inhabitants of the catacombs, I'll allow that once the party everybody is playing as enters the dungeon. Of course, while in the dungeon you can also meet lone travellers who got separated from their group (whether by getting lost or the rest dying/getting captured) for people who want to join as any of the surface races.

For the start, I'd like to picture it that the Empire who had claimed the entrance to the dungeons sends out raiding parties in an organised manner (and they get paid too, just like soldiers). There will be specific jobs each party needs to have (researcher, healer, engineer, fighter, priest, wilderness chef, etc.), according to protocol. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
BBeast

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:13 am

I think I'll give a shot at writing an OP. Here goes...

It was a regular, peaceful day in the Empire. The sky was blue. The wildlife was abound. The citizens wandered around chatting to one another in the streets of the towns and cities. The Empire had encompassed the majority of the known world. It strongly encouraged multiculturalism. And the parts of the world that it didn't own it lived peacefully alongside.
Then, suddenly, a massive discovery was made. In a little-known glen in a small and usually insignificant piece of landscape something quite disturbing was found by a small group of adventurers. The entrance to a massive network of tunnels, dungeons and catacombs. All filled with evil and treasure. And something was stirring deep inside...
The Empire acted fast to attempt to stop this risk to their peace and security. Outposts were built all around the glen and the entrance to guard it. Monsters were starting to come out of the entrance. At first they were only few and weak, but gradually the pace increased. So in an effort to stem the tide of an inevitable disaster they sent raiding parties, squadrons and even small armies down there to push back the monsters. They were successful at stopping the incoming hoards, but they couldn't just leave it there. They had only scratched the surface.
This is where you come in. Raiding parties have already been sent down there to map out that labyrinth, to push back the monsters even further and, of course, nab as much treasure as they can. However, there is a deeper, darker secret held in the depths. Now they're sending out another raiding party, and you are going to be part of it. All you have to do is sign up for the job and riches and glory will be yours.
That is, if you have what it takes to face The Catacombs.

You like?
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:36 pm

It's alright. Will you have set classes or just player-made?
Back to top Go down
BBeast

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:51 am

Set classes, although they are allowed to have hybrids and custom classes if they really want. The classes mean that we won't have everybody being a warrior down there to kill monsters, but balanced raiding parties instead.

On the topic of classes, we'd better brainstorm them all.

Warrior: May use any available combat technique. Is there to protect the rest of the party and for overcoming brute-force obstacles.

Scholar: Someone to study and record the party's findings. Has the task of mapping out the explored dungeon and writing a log-book. It is imperative that the log-books and maps are kept safe and do not fall into the hands of the enemies.

Medic: Is there to heal wounds, poisons and diseases that may befall themselves and the rest of the party. Should have good knowledge of herbs and potion-brewing.

Engineer: Someone capable of both repairing broken tools, armour and weapons, disabling traps and opening locked doors.

Priest: Someone to dispel and protect from curses and unholy forces. Should preferably also be able to bless the other party members.

Scout: Someone able to follow tracks and is very agile as well. Is there to hunt down monsters' locations (if necessary) and to get past difficult obstacle courses.

Any more ideas?
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Magician: Able to use low power spells, such as flame, ice, or lightning. Can create light, although has limited power. Gets tired if does too many spells.

Farmer: Able to summon the ghosts of dead locusts to wreak havoc on the enemy(joke)
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Assassin: Trained to use stealth and sabotauge to eliminate all obtrusions
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:49 pm

Hmmmm. Assassin should also have stealth fighting techniques like daggering guy in back, hidden balding guy in face, throwing knifing guy in stomach.
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Admin
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:51 pm

...poison blading guard in order to kill civilians without going out of sync...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*   Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catacombs- A Dungeon RP *Unfortunately deceased. You may recycle the idea on request*
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ood Studios :: Role Play :: Team Projects-
Jump to: